Shock Type: EMULSION
TracTive eX-CITE Front Shock (-25mm low) / R1200GS '05-'12
From Tractive Suspension, the inventors of ESA, comes this unique complete plug and play replacement front ESA shock for the Oil Cooled GS and GSA. This version eliminates the front preload motor and the mostly useless front preload ESA settings (small mountain and large mountain icons on your display) which lifts the front of your motorcycle, not something you normally want to do. Lifting the front end lengthens your trail and makes the bike less responsive when navigating turns. In fact even BMW eliminated the front preload motor from the ESA equipped liquid cooled models beginning in 2013.
Includes cancellation box which plugs into the wiring connector for the front preload motor. All ESA functions work normally, except there will be no front preload functions. There are no fault codes or warnings on your display.
- Complete plug and play shock with new heavy duty rebound adjusting motor, not a conversion shock. You do not need to send us your old shock.
- Large volume (46mm, stock is only 36mm) 6082 T6 Heat Treated aluminum cylinder provides strength, high oil capacity and superior heat dissipation for all riding conditions.
- Stainless Steel mounting bushings (rather than aluminum) won't become egg shaped even under the most stressful riding conditions.
- Special reinforced seal head, providing leak free performance for street or off road.
- 16mm Induction Hardened micro polished Cr Moly piston rod for superior strength.
- Manual threaded preload adjustment to enable perfect front sag settings during installation.
- Approximately 50% lighter than stock shock.
- Five year warranty, fully rebuildable.
As with all Tractive products, longest rebuild intervals in the industry of 30k miles minimum and longer is possible. Works great with stock rear shock, Tractive ESA conversion rear shock, Tractive/Touratech complete plug and play rear shock, or any other ESA aftermarket shock we sell. Damping settings of Comfort, Normal and Sport continue to work as normal, and the motor for this adjustment is new.
Rear preload settings of One Rider, One Rider with Luggage, and Two Riders continue to work as normal. This is important so that rear sag can be adjusted as you add additional loads. More loads on the bike have an insignificant effect on the front fork sag, in fact at times more load on the bike actually cause the front end to lift, not sag. This is why a front preload motor is unnecessary.
With the front preload motor removed, these settings for the front preload don't do anything and can be ignored: Small Mountain, Large Mountain. You will simply press the button to advance beyond these settings. There will be no warning lights on your display and all other systems will function as normal.
One Rider= Preload Motors off
One Rider With Luggage= 5mm rear preload
Two riders= 10mm rear preload
New front shock with no preload motor, no longer functional:
Small mountain= 5mm preload front and rear
Large Mountain= 10mm preload front and rear.
A recent testimonial for this product:
"....So now I'm Tractive matched, front and rear and all I can say is WOW! Money well spent! I have about 100 miles on the new, matched suspension....Absolutely love it. Worth every penny, wondering why I waited so long." -K. Alexander 2008 R1200GSA
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!