TracTive ESA2 Front Shock Complete / R1200RT '10-'13
TRACTIVE ESA2 PLUG & PLAY FRONT SHOCK / Complete ESA2 Shock Replacement // R1200RT 2010-2013. This shock is 100% new and complete ready to bolt on and plug in. No parts are needed from your old shock.
**TracTive Plug & Play ESA shocks are specially designed for the original BMW ESA equipment. This shock replaces not only the complete shock and spring, but is also complete with a new ESA motor and retains all the original functionality of the BMW ESA system**
The engineers at TracTive invented ESA for BMW back in 2005, so you can count on them for complete system functionality. Available in standard height as well as 25mm low which is the same height as the factory low model BMW offerred at the time.
The benefits of TracTive ESA shocks include:
- Stainless steel reducer bushings inside highest qualty spherical bearings (where the bolts pass through the mounting eyelets). Other companies use aluminum which is a softer material, and can contract or deform over time, or just a rubber bushing which self destructs.
- The same reinforced seal head as used in the TracTive Adventure Bike shocks. This seal head is very robust, provides long life, and rarely develops leaks
- 16mm induction hardened, micro-polished chro-moly shafts. 16mm shafts are stronger and flow more oil through the pistons compared to smaller shaft diameters used on different brands
- Many TracTive front shocks have 46mm bodies with the above mentioned 16mm shafts (where space allows). This allows for higher strength and better cooling compared to the smaller 36mm bodied shocks used by some of the competition
- TracTive ESA shocks come with their own rebound motors. This means that the front shocks are a complete, ready to bolt on application. For the rear, only the preload motor needs to be harvested, so only the rear stock shock would need to be sent to us to complete the conversion
- Rear shocks feature a "PDS" valve - Position dependent Damping System - Utilizing a secondary piston, this system creates a "pillow" effect designed to progressively increase damping to reduce harsh bottom outs. This feature is normally found only in the top of the line "Extreme" TracTive shocks
- On most applications, there is the option to replace a failed OEM preload motor with a TracTive Electronic preload motor or TracTive Hydraulic preload motor. This creates an option for those with failing OEM preload motors to retain all adjusting features on their ESA shocks