TracTive eX-CHANGE-PRO ESA Rear Shock / R1200GS-LC '17-On w/ Auto Load Leveling
***Please note that this shock is for bikes equipped with Auto Load Leveling***
TRACTIVE ESA/DYNAMIC PLUG & PLAY REAR SHOCK / Requires the re-use of the OEM Electronic Preload Adjuster // R1200GS-LC
**PLEASE NOTE - IN ORDER FOR US TO INSTALL YOUR ORIGINAL PRELOAD MOTOR ONTO THIS NEW SHOCK, WE WILL NEED YOUR STOCK REAR SHOCK SHIPPED TO US. THE ESA SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE SET AT "MIN" PRIOR TO REMOVAL FOR A SUCCESSFUL CONVERSION. PLEASE DO NOT TURN ENGINE OFF UNTIL DISPLAY CLEARS, THE PRELOAD PISTON WILL NEED SOME TIME TO PARK FULLY. WE ONLY NEED YOUR STOCK SHOCK FOR ONE DAY AS LONG AS YOU SETUP YOUR ORDER IN ADVANCE SO WE KNOW YOUR SHOCK IS COMING. PLEASE CONTACT US PRIOR TO ORDERING IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS**
- Stainless steel reducer bushings (where the bolts pass through the mounting eyelets). Other companies use aluminum which is a softer material, and can contract or deform shape over time
- The same reinforced seal head as used in the Touratech Adventure bike shocks (TracTive designed and manufactures the Touratech shocks). This seal head is very robust, provides long life, and rarely develops leaks
- 46mm pistons with16mm induction hardened, chro-moly shafts.
- The front shock for this application is 46 mm for higher strength and high oil capacity compared to the stock 36mm front shock
- Rear shocks feature a "PDS" valve - Position dependent Damping System - Utilizing a secondary piston, this system creates a "pillow" effect designed to progressively increase damping to reduce harsh bottom outs. This feature is normally found only in the top of the line "Extreme" Touratech shocks
TracTive Dynamic (DDA) Plug & Play ESA shocks are specially designed for the original BMW ESA equipment. The shock itself is 100% new, only the spring preload motor is harvested from your original shock.
The engineers at TracTive invented ESA for BMW back in 2005, and they have a patent on their superior dynamic damping valve so you can count on their system functionality.
TracTive ESA conversion benefits include:
- If you original preload motor ever fails, a TracTive electronic preload motor can be installed which makes this shock withstand the test of time.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!