TracTive X-CHANGE ESA Rear Shock / R1200GS '05-'12
TRACTIVE ESA DDA PLUG & PLAY REAR SHOCK / Damper Only - No Electric Preload Adjuster (EPA) included - Re-uses OEM EPA or optional TracTive EPA // R1200GS - 05-12
**PLEASE NOTE - IN ORDER TO PERFORM AN ESA CONVERSION, WE WILL NEED YOUR STOCK SHOCK SHIPPED TO US. THE ESA SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE SET AT "COMFORT" AND "1 HELMET" PRIOR TO REMOVAL FOR A SUCCESSFUL CONVERSION. PLEASE CONTACT US PRIOR to ORDERING IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS**
*PLEASE NOTE - ESA CONVERSION FOR A SINGLE SHOCK IS FOR STOCK HEIGHT SHOCKS ONLY - BOTH SHOCKS MUST BE REPLACED WHEN RAISING OR LOWERING SEAT HEIGHT!*
- Stainless steel reducer bushings (where the bolts pass through the mounting eyelets). Other companies use aluminum which is a softer material, and can contract or deform over time
- The same reinforced seal head as used in the Touratech Adventure bike shocks (TracTive manufactures shocks for Touratech). This seal head is very robust, provides long life, and rarely leaks
- 16mm induction hardened, chro-moly shafts. Some brands use smaller shafts (also called piston rods) that can break under heavy loads or when ridden off pavement
- TracTive shocks come with their own rebound motors. This means that (in most cases) the front shocks are a complete, ready to bolt on application. For the rear, only the preload motor needs to be harvested, so only the rear stock shock would need to be sent to us to complete the conversion
TracTive Plug & Play ESA shocks are specially designed for the original BMW ESA equipment. This set replaces only the dampers and springs, and requires the harvesting of the OEM Rear Preload Adjuster
The engineers at TracTive invented ESA for BMW back in 2005, so you can count on their system functionality. They have stronger and higher quality built ESA conversions, available in standard height as well as 25mm or 50mm lowering.
TracTive ESA conversion benefits include:
- On most applications, there is the option to replace a failed OEM spring preload motor with a TracTive Electronic preload motor or TracTive Hydraulic preload motor. This creates an option for those with failing OEM preload motors to retain all adjusting features on their ESA shocks
- TracTive shocks are setup by the experts at Beemershop for your weight and loads.
- TracTive shocks are fully rebuildable.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!