Shock Type: (IFP) INTERNAL FLOATING PISTON
TFX 140 Rear Shock / Rebound & Preload Adjustments / G310GS '18-On
TFX 140 Internal Floating Piston (IFP) Shock W/Damping Adjuster & Large Piston 15mm Heavy Duty Hydraulic Preload Adjuster
TFX IFP Shocks feature the same quality components as their more advanced reservoir shocks, but with less oil capacity and without separate compression adjust but at a lower cost. They are available with a standard threaded ring spring preload adjuster (hook spanner wrench included) or an optional heavy duty 15mm lift hydraulic preload adjuster (HPA) that handles a wider load range than other brands which typically only offer 10mm or less.
The 140 series TFX shocks are best suited for street riding with minimal to moderate off pavement riding. For more extended off pavement riding please see the TFX 141 or 142 model reservoir shock.
These IFP type shocks utilize an internal floating piston which separates the oil and gas resulting in drastically reduced oil cavitation compared to an emulsion design where gas molecules are allowed to mix with the oil. This means fade free performance even when heavily loaded or when riding on rough pavement and dirt/gravel roads. IFP type shocks are superior to emulsion designs.
This TFX Shock has 64mm of stroke providing 185mm of travel (2.9:1 leverage ratio) which is 5mm more than stock! Beware of aftermarket shocks which give you less travel than stock!
130/140 IFP shocks include the following features:
- Designed, tested and manufactured in Holland
- 6082 heat treated and hard anodized aluminum cylinder for maximum strength and more heat dissipation than other brands which use steel cylinders
- Available with either Threaded or Hydraulic Preload Adjuster for optimum sag setup. (
- Fully rebuildable
- Single damping adjuster adjusts compression and rebound by turning one knob
- Wide variety of spring rates available, custom setup by the experts at Beemershop for each rider's weight and loads
- Large 16mm Cr-Moly induction hardened piston rod
- Low friction heavy duty reinforced seal heads with backup rings for reliable shaft sealing, even in the most extreme conditions
- 5 Year manufacturer warranty.
Please note that it is extremely difficult to access the Threaded Preload Adjuster on this model. Therefore it is HIGHLY recommended that this product be purchased with the Hydraulic Preload Adjuster option. The Threaded Preload Adjuster is designed for the rider whose loads do not change and therefore seldom needs to adjust the spring tension on the rear shock.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!