TracTive ESA1 Plug & Play Rear Shock / Complete - EZ Install / Hydraulic Preload / R1200RT '05-'09
Same rear Tractive ESA shock as listed for this model but with a different twist; you don't have to send us your rear shock for the ESA preload motor transfer. This shock is complete with a hydraulic preload adjuster in place of the electric preload adjuster off your old shock. Your damping adjust settings continue to be adjustable on the fly, your spring preload adjusting will be done by turning a knob under your seat. Watch the video above for more information.
The Tractive ESA shock is also supplied with a new rebound damping adjusting motor (provides the Comfort, Normal and Sport damping settings) making this shock 100% complete.
- Stock early WP electric preload adjusters (EPA) used from 2005-2009 are known to be weak and can seize or not reach maximum lift as they age, leaving you with little or no ability to adjust spring preload for changing loads.
- The replacement Tractive hydraulic preload adjuster (HPA) has a large piston and was engineered to have low internal pressures so failures are almost unheard of.
- Stock EPA only has 10mm of lift when operating properly.
- Tractive HPA has 15mm of lift for 50% more preload which means more load capacity and a wider load range.
- Stock EPA only has three total settings, and only two of them are actual preload settings: One Rider position is Preloader Off, One Rider with Luggage is 50% of preload, Two Riders is 100% of preload.
- Tractive HPA is a linear adjuster operated by a knob you turn by hand, giving you very "granular" adjustability and complete control over your sag by allowing you to stop turning the knob when you reach the exact amount of preload required for your load.
- No fault warnings on your display due to unplugging the EPA, all other functions operate normally.
- We don't need your old shock to transfer the preload motor so you have no down time or inbound shipping costs.