TracTive X-CHANGE ESA/DDA Plug & Play Rear Shock (-25mm low) / S1000XR '15-'19
Tractive Dynamic (DDA) Plug & Play ESA shocks are specially designed ro replace the original BMW ESA equipment. This set replaces only the dampers and springs, and requires the harvesting of the OEM Rear Spring Preload Adjuster.
The engineers at Tractive invented ESA for BMW back in 2005, so you can count on their system functionality. They have stronger and higher quality built ESA conversions, available in standard height as well as 25mm low.
Tractive ESA conversion benefits include:
- Stainless steel reducer bushings (where the bolts pass through the mounting eyelets). Other companies use aluminum which is a softer material, and can contract or deform over time
- The same reinforced seal head as used in the Touratech Adventure bike shocks (Tractive manufactures shocks for Touratech). This seal head is very robust, provides long life, and rarely develops leaks
- 16mm induction hardened, chro-moly shafts. 16mm shafts are stronger and flow more oil through the pistons compared to smaller shaft diameters used on other brands
- Much faster and more stable DDA valve. Unlike the stock valve which was designed for and utilized in automotive shocks, the patented Tractive Dynamic Damping Valve was built specifically for motorcycle use. The Tractive DDA valve provides excellent control while providing a more plush rider compared to the stock shock.
- On most applications, there is the option to replace a failed OEM preload motor with a Tractive Electronic preload motor or Tractive Hydraulic preload motor. This creates an option for those with failing OEM motors to retain all adjusting features on their ESA shocks.
- Made in Holland. Fully rebuildable.
Please Note: In order to perform an ESA Conversion, we will need your stock shock shipped to us. The ESA system needs to be set at "SOFT" and "1 RIDER" prior to removal for a successful conversion. Please reserve your new shock in advance of sending in your old shock and contact us prior to ordering if you have questions.
Sidestand lean angle is reduced but it is still functional, no modification of the stands is necessary. It will be more difficult to park on the centerstand but it is still functional.
**After installing the lowering shock on the S1000XR, the front fork tubes can be safely slid up into the triple clamps in the amount of 25mm (one inch) to match the rear shock lowering of 25mm. No other modification to the front suspension is necessary.**